all fall down






I took these pictures on three different streets near to my house. I like the way that at first glance the top one could be taken for a sand dune, and that it in fact mirrors the shape of the not too distant hills. There was a fence around that site for a time, but it was taken away months ago and the rubble has been left to spill on to the pavement.

Buildings that I didn't really notice when they were there have been partially torn down and the semi-ruins abandoned, left to fall. This isn't land that's going to be redeveloped. I can't see anyone building a luxury block of flats or shopping centre round here. I'd love to run up those brick and dust hills and my young sons look at them with awe. I suspect they'll still be there when the boys are old enough to escape to them.